Focus on your Future… I Can See Clearly Now Summer Program
Do you know what it takes to become a Doctor of Optometry?
You may not even know what an optometrist does besides asking you, “better or worse,” but the Focus on your Future… I can see Clearly Now summer program is a free opportunity for successful students to get introduced to one of the most rewarding careers in the healthcare field and to the School of Optometry.
During the three day program you will experience:
- Tour of our facility and clinic
- Two mock lectures of current undergraduate courses taught by our own faculty: ‘Anatomy & Physiology of the Eye’ and “The Miracle of Sight’
- Pre-Clinic Demonstration
- Research Lab Tours
- An Actual Eye Exam
Summer 2017 Dates
Focus on your Future… I can see Clearly Now is intended for high school students from historically underrepresented groups, namely students who identify as African-American, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian/Native American, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander or first generation college students interested in a pre-health/science related major.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a high school student that will be entering their junior or senior year this fall and
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must complete an Application Form.
- Mail an official high school transcript and
- Mail one letter of recommendation w/cover forms to:
Attn: Joe Boes
School of Optometry
Focus on your Future… I can see Clearly Now
800 E. Atwater Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-3680
The transcript and recommendation letter may be mailed by the student or the entity or person providing the information.
Deadline is June 1, 2017. Please apply early, due to maximum number of participating students will be limited to 20.
Funding and Travel
Participants only need to cover their transportation to and from Bloomington and personal expenses. All other program costs-lodging and food will be provided.
Additional InformationPlease contact Joe Boes, Associate Director, Student Services at email@example.com or (812) 855-3242.