How to Apply
Doctor of Optometry
Application Selection Process
We encourage all qualified persons of all gender, racial, and ethnic groups to apply.
- Applications are due January 15 of the year of entry.
- Applicants do not need to have completed all of the pre-optometry requirements to apply for admission. Requirements must be completed by the time the applicant enters.
- All application materials, including OAT scores, supplemental application, and departmental questions must be received by February 15 of the year of entry.
- Academics: college grades and the OAT test scores are considered. Each section of the OAT is evaluated separately. College grades carry slightly more weight.
- Personal attributes: applicants are evaluated on character recommendations, accounts of participation in extracurricular activities, work experience, recognitions received, and the application narrative.
Interviewing begins in October and continues through April. We follow a rolling admissions process, and the selection process is usually completed by the end of May.