Mechanism of action
This prostaglandin analog enhances aqueous humor outflow, thus lowering the pressure in the eye.
Treatment of open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Instill one drop of travoprost ophthalmic solution into the affected eye(s) once daily—preferably in the evening (should not exceed once daily).
Use with caution in patients with/during:
- Renal or hepatic impairment
- Aphakic patients, pseudophakic patients with torn posterior lens capsule, and patients with known risk factors for macular edema
- Ocular inflammation (e.g., iritis, uveitis)
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Increased pigmentation of the iris and periorbital tissue (eyelid) and increased pigmentation and growth of eyelashes (most common)
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Ocular itching or dryness
- Visual disturbance
- Foreign body sensation
- Increased ocular pigmentation
- Abnormal liver function test