Summer 2021 Program Dates
Over the course of three days, you will learn about the optometry application process, take part in hands-on activities, and observe demonstrations by some of the optical world’s brightest researchers. You will be introduced to current faculty and students and hear firsthand about their journey through optometry school. You will also be matched up with an alumni mentor who can assist you with any future questions or concerns. Plus, you will receive a tour of the optometry school, including our optical research labs, our new laser lab and the Atwater Eye Care Center, IU’s own public eye care clinic.
- All current college students are encouraged to apply, but preferential consideration will be given to those applicants who will be entering their junior or senior year of college in the fall of 2020 and who are underrepresented minorities or first-generation students enrolled in a pre-health/science related major.
- Benefit from the support of the Indiana University School of Optometry Office of Student Administration.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Maximum number of participating students will be limited to 20.
- Participants will be given priority consideration for admission into the Indiana University School of Optometry O.D. program if they meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.2
- Earn a 330 Total Science score on the Optometry Admission Test, OAT exam with all other sections above 300
Funding and Travel
No fees to participants. Participants will only need to cover their transportation to and from the IU Bloomington Campus and personal expenses. All other program costs-lodging and food will be provided. Incidental expenses and entertainment is the participants responsibility