When you hire graduates from the IU School of Optometry, you’re getting the cream of the crop. Our graduates are not simply employees—they are visionaries who will grow your practice with an eye on the future of optometry.
Hire IUSO graduates
Post a job opening
Optometrists, ophthalmologists, and other health care providers searching for skilled optometric professionals may use our career board to post job openings at no cost. You can also post practices for sale.
To get started; please email email@example.com the following information:
- Email subject line: Career Services Job Listing Board
- Name of practice
- Available position
- Location of position
- Position description - can be detailed or just a general overview
- Contact Information including either email and/or phone number
- Full address of practice
You can include other information in your listing as you wish, but please include the above information. Please see the example below or please visit the actual career board to view existing listings.
Subject: Career Services Job Listing Board
Located in Mordor
Sauron's Eye Care located in picturesque Mordor is seeking a full-time Optometrist to join our well-established and growing practice. We see patients of all ages, providing both medical and comprehensive vision and eye healthcare, as well as, surgical co-management.
We have a wonderful Orc support staff, including scribes to assist the rightful Ruler of Middle-Earth during patient exams. Our office is equipped with state-of-the-art technology including: Marco Polo Digital Refracting Systems, the one ring to rule them all, Optos, OCT, Humphrey Bogart Visual Fields, Corneal Topographer, Anterior Segment Cameras, and Electronic Health Records.
We look forward to establishing a long-term relationship with the right Optometrist!
Optometrist Duties & Tasks
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eye care emergencies
- Track down Hobbits
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Mordor license to practice optometry
- Team oriented
- Abacus literate
- Experience with dragons and trolls is a plus, but not required
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please include a cover letter summarizing your work within optometry, as well as a general resume. Proof of licencing for the realm of Mordor is required for consideration.
Practices for Sale
If you have a practice for sale, please use the above format but simply indicate practice for sale.
This service is intended for single location or small group practices. If you are a representative of a employment service/recruiter, please send only the name of the recruitment service, description, and contact information including website where job seekers can view all of your available positions.