Dr. Christopher A Clark received his O.D. in 2005 from the New England College of Optometry. He then completed a research fellowship at the Borish Center for Ophthalmic Research through Indiana University. Dr. Clark completed his Ph.D. in Vision Science at the Indiana University School of Optometry. He has spent time doing clinical work at the Boston Foundation for Sight, Wenzhou Eye Hospital in China, and Donald Korb and Associates, amongst other places. Dr. Clark has won multiple awards including the GPLI Clinical Excellence Award and the Heart of America Contact Lens student award.
- Doctor of Optometry, New England College of Optometry (2005)
- Ph.D. in Vision Science, Indiana University School of Optometry (2013)
Dr. Clark’s research is in the area of retinal imaging and refractive development. This may have applications for contact lens treatment option to slow myopia progression.
- King BJ, Sapoznik KA, Elsner AE, Gast TJ, Papy JA, Clark CA Burns SA, “SD-OCT and Adaptive Optics Imaging of Outer Retinal Tubulations.” Optom Vis Sci. 2017 Mar;94(3):411-422.
- Alhamami MA, Elsner AE, Malinovsky VE, Clark CA, Haggerty BP, Ozawa GY, Cuadros JA, Baskaran K, Gast TJ, Litvin TV, Muller MS, Brahm SG, Young SB, Miura M. “Comparison of Cysts in Red and Green Images for Diabetic Macular Edema.” Optom Vis Sci. 2017 Feb;94(2):137-149.
- VanNasdale DA, Elsner AE, Malinovsky VE, Peabody TD, Kohne KD, Clark CA. Polarization Variability in Age-related Macular Degeneration. Optom Vis Sci submitted January 2017.
- Clark CA, Elsner AE, Konynenbelt J, Carr C, “Longitudinal retinal profiles in progressing myopic graduate students,” Optom Vis Sci submitted March 2016
- King BJ, Sapoznik, KA Elsner, AE, Burns SA, Clark CA, Gast T, Papay JS, SD-OCT and Adaptive Optics Imaging of Outer Retinal Tubulation, Optom Vis Sci submitted March 2016
- MA Alhamami, AE Elsner, VE Malinovsky, CA Clark, BP Haggerty, et al, Comparison of cysts in red and green images for diabetic macular edema, Optom Vis Sci, submitted March 2016
- Clark CA, Elsner AE, Konynenbelt J. Eye shape using partial coherence interferometry, autorefraction, and SD-OCT. Optom Vis Sci. 2015 Jan;92(1):115-22.
- VanNasdale DA, Elsner AE, Peabody TD, et al, Henle fiber layer phase retardation changes associated with age-related macular degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Dec 18;56(1):284-90.
- Burns SA, Elsner AE, Chui TY, et al, In vivo adaptive optics microvascular imaging in diabetic patients without clinically severe diabetic retinopathy. Biomed Opt Express. 2014 Feb 27;5(3):961-74.
- Elsner AE, Petrig BL, Papay JA, et al, Fixation stability and scotoma mapping for patients with low vision. Optom Vis Sci. 2013 Feb;90(2):164-73.
- Chui YP, Song H, Clark CA, et al, Cone photoreceptor packing density and the outer nuclear layer thickness in healthy subjects, Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Jun 14;53(7):3545-53.
- VanNasdale DA, Elsner AE, Kohne KD, et al. Foveal localization in non-exudative AMD using scanning laser polarimetry. Optom Vis Sci. 2012 May;89(5):667-77.
- VanNasdale DA, Elsner AE, Malinovsky VE, et al, Comparative Analysis of AMD Pathology with Polarization Sensitive Imaging, Biomed Opt Express. 2014 Feb 27;5(3):961-74.
- Busey T, CraiJ, Clark C, Humes L Age-Related Changes in Visual Temporal Order Judgment Performance: Relation to Sensory and Cognitive Capacities. 2010 Aug 6;50(17):1628-40.
- Shen J, Clark CA, Thibos LN, Soni PS, Peripheral refraction with and without contact lens correction. Optom Vis Sci, 2010 Sep;87(9):642-55.
- Bonanno JA, Clark C, Pruitt J, Alvord L, Tear oxygen tension under hydrogel and silicone hydrogel contact lenses. Optom Vis Sci, 86(8), 936-942.
- Elsner AE, Clark CA. Technology. In Photonics:Scientific Foundations, Technology, and Applications, Vol. IV (pp. 503-542). Indianapolis, IN: Wiley and Sons.